Sunday, May 11, 2008

Of birthdays and jogathons

8th May 2008 was my sister's birthday! I didn't buy her anything, rather I made a banner-esque thing that said HAPPY BIRTHDAY and baked cookies which spelled out HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY NAdeBCMM! Her friends sang Happy Birthday to her FIVE times in school, got her cake and all. Then about 10pm on FlyFM there was this shoutout "Assuntarians and Sri Amanians - You rock! Happy birthday NAdeBCMM!". My grandparents came for dinner and brought all kinds of fantastic food with them - birthday mee, roti jala, curry, chocolate cake and fruit salad.

Today, I went for the World Asthma Day jogathon at 7.30am. Mummy registered me a little late so there weren't enough numbers for my brother, CC, her dad and I. Instead, we got numbers that said VIP :D My number was VIP (3). As we were wearing VIP numbers, we couldn't competitively, we were just running for fun. So I jogged the 5 km in my own sweet time, keeping pace with CC. Took 50 minutes to finish it. Big blisters on my big toes :( The winners of the boys' categories were all timing 17:00 minutes ++ while the girls times about 30:00 minutes ++. After the run, the officials gave me two food coupons so I had double the food portions. Then I dropped my running number into the lucky draw box. I made my brother hang around till lucky draw time at the end of the day. And my number was drawn! !!!!! Not often that I win lucky draws. Anyway, I got two free passes to watch Ironman at Gardens at 12.30 today. I didn't particularly want to go so I gave the tickets to my brother, who couldn't find anyone to go with him.

I should be studying, I'm in the middle of mid-year exams. Physics and Chemistry tomorrow! 

Happy Mothers' Day, all!


MdeBCMM

No comments: