Thursday, March 15, 2007

iPod

Today was shocking. My friends and i were walking past an Apple store and I told them how badly i wanted an ipod. Sadly, there is no chance of me getting one cause my dad thinks its a waste of money and mom thinks it'll ruin my eardrums. haha. But I walked in anyway and grabbed a brochure, just in case.

Later, we were celebrating mom's bday at home. Mom and dad attended a golf competition dinner thingie earlier and my dad won the competition thingy. So he showed us the prizes he won - golf balls, shirts, an electronic putter thing, a golf club etc. My mom seemed particularly excited about something, but I thought she was just happy cause its her bday. Then my dad said "Now its time for the best prize!!" and asked us to guess what it was. He said it was "a toy every kid would love". A toy? I don't want/need a toy. Without thinking, i blurted out "iPod..??" My parents smiled. From under the table, my dad whipped out a black box. On the cover was the unmistakable Apple logo. NO WAY. I screamed. I snatched the box from him. I was ecstatic. "I TOLD YOU I'M PSYCHIC!!!" My dad snatched the box back. They were all laughing at my reaction. overreaction actually. Mom said "You have to share it with your brother and sister" SHARE?? WITH THOSE PEOPLE?? NO WAY. But I was too happy to argue. They don't need an iPod anyway; I do. Dad took forever to unwrap the box. I was fidgeting impatiently. The outer cover slipped off. The box opened. Then I saw it. Sitting peacefully in the box was that thing. It was sleek and elegant. It was black and uber cool. It was the most beautiful thing I've seen all week. I reached out for it. I held it in my hands, it was so fragile, so awesome. I was mumbling something, unable to accept the fact that I, CTMC now am the very proud owner of an iPod. i've been waiting so many years for this moment. i was so happy i could burst into tears. I HAVE AN IPOD! this is so UNBELIEVABLE. "Thankyouthankyoutahnkyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!!!!!" *hug* *kiss* *hug*

Apparently mom and dad won it from a lucky draw. WHY ARE WE SO LUCKY?? That is so weird. But I don't care, I HAVE AN IPOD!! And unlike the other 4 phones I've lost (>.<), I will guard and take care of this iPod with my life. Yay yay yay. Lucky lucky luckylucky.

-CTMC

1 comment:

Joanne Tay said...

Heehee! I love you sissy noob! blabla blaaa!! The ipod is mine too!!